About Me

My photo
I am a lifelong fabric artist who loves bringing a home to life with quirky, unique and sumptuous pieces of textile art. I learnt my craft from sharing many a happy hour sewing with my talented mother. I particularly like collage, free-machining, needle-felting and creating home furnishings using a combination of machine and hand sewing. I love incorporating vintage and reclaimed fabrics, buttons, beads, jewellery and other items in my work to give them a second chance at being beautiful.

Wednesday 29 June 2016

Workshop fun & WOYWW

Morning all! Thanks for dropping by to catch up on this week's activities from my work desk.

So here's the work desk this morning...


The 'works in progress' from last week are closer to completion. My stockists are asking for more pictures and I have a craft fair a week this Saturday so there'll be a flurry of felting for the rest of the week!

I'm working on a development of my sheep felties using brightly dyed pre-felt.
If I ever get chance to work more on these sheepy ideas I'll share them on the blog!

On Saturday I ran a workshop - Magical Gardens in Needle Felting & Embroidery - so spent the back end of last week preparing for that. The workshop went really well - another great bunch of participants who produced some really lovely pieces of work. Here's a snapshot of some of their masterpieces...

One of the participants, Stephanie, wrote a really lovely review of my workshop. Whilst the best proof of a successful workshop is always the work produced by the end, it's great to get positive feedback and I'm touched that someone took the time to write such a detailed review!

On Sunday Ben had his friend's birthday party - the first in a series of 2nd birthday parties which will occupy every other weekend between now and the end of September! We went to a local farm for a picnic and a visit to the animals. Much fun was had feeding piglets, calves, sheep and even a peacock!



Right, I've got to dash as I need to do some wet felted backgrounds to work on this week. Thanks for stopping by. If you're new to my blog and you'd like to meet other craft bloggers like me, What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday (WOYWW) is the perfect place.

Happy crafting,

Max x

15 comments:

  1. Totally, totally awesome! Love these. Elaine no. 20

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thrilled the dumfing is going so well Max. As for your little man?....not so little now :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! ben is growing so fast! You're going to be busy with all those birthday parties.
    Your dumfing is beautiful as usual. I looked at the review of the workshop. I'm so happy for you that you got such a glowing review. You can be proud of yourself. Now lets hope your work sells as well, then you will be a super happy bunny!
    Happy WOYWW,
    Lisca#12

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Max, wow, hasn't Ben grown!Loving all the felted pieces, and that is lovely someone took the time to write about the workshop in such a positive way. I always think people are very quick to complain, yet rarely praise, so thats lovely. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, you are a busy mummy. Love seeing the photo of Ben at the farm, what a great idea for a party.
    You know Max, the class is only as good as the teacher delivering it. I am so pleased you got such a great review, something to just pick you up a bit higher and something to look back on when things don't go so well.
    Lovely work from your students, reflected in good teaching.
    Hugs, Neet 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Ben! Your work is beautiful! When I am gainfully reemployed - I wil lbe back hitting your shop link! blessings, donna #9

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ben! Happy Birthday! Well done with the workshop. Gorgeous art work, love it. Thanks for the visit to mine and have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 15

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not surprised you're having to replenish your stocks! Not only are your pictures beautifully made, they're so appealing...especially the sheepy ones! Congrats on that glowing review too, I wish I were closer, I'd come to one!
    I remember the days when the boys had busier social diaries than me, lol. That party looked great fun, Ben looks as if he enjoyed it :-D
    Hugs, LLJ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a happy felting day we've had - well felting for you and nannying for me! The perfect combination! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so pleased your workshop went well and how lovely to have a great review. The little sheep are coming along beautifully. You are sooo talented,
    sandra de @21

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow those are fabulous projects. Glad I popped by. Susanne #33

    ReplyDelete
  12. Max, I am NEVER disappointed when I come browse your blog posts! I'm such a huge fan of your beautiful creativity! Love the finished products and the "in the works" projects as well! Can't wait to see what you do with them! What a blessing to have such great reviews from your participants! I know you'd get a sure thumbs up from me if I could participate, lololol! That boy is just all cuteness up and down! Many blessings to you! Felicia #36

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your fabric works are gorgeous! I did some felting, way back in the past, which I enjoyed. I think you might be inspiring me to try it again :)
    RosA # 30

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your work is always so beautiful, and I just can't decide which I love the most - daisies? or is it poppies, or maybe the Grape hyacinth - but now you've thrown violas into the equation - Oh my goodness, what gorgeous colours, they are adorable. I'm so glad your workshop went well - the group turned out some amazing pieces. Sorry I'm late getting round - hope you have a great rest of the week!
    Diana #25

    ReplyDelete
  15. I visited your blog You shared great information I really like the information provided by you You have done Great.
    wordpress
    blogspot
    youtube
    Game ស្លត់អនឡាញ

    ReplyDelete